Sites for photos: Are you looking for beautiful photos to use to create a personalized calendar or other personal or professional graphic projects, but don’t know where to find what you need? Do not worry … luckily for you, you have come upon the right guide, in a moment that could not have been better!
If you allow me a few minutes of your precious time, in fact, I can show you the ones that, in my humble opinion, represent the best sites for photos currently present on the square. You can use them to download the images you need, both for free and for a fee, depending on the license and needs.
Still on the subject of photos, I will also point out to you what I believe to be the most interesting portals to which you can commission the printing of your shots on photographic paper, and then receive everything directly at home, comfortably and quickly. Now, however, just chat and let’s go to action!
Sites for free photos
Looking for gods sites for free photos, through which you can find many beautiful images to view and download at no cost? Then immediately take a look at the solutions of this type that I have provided you with below, I am sure that, in the end, you will be able to find solutions that will satisfy you.
The first of the sites for free photos which I recommend to consider is Pixabay. It is one of the most famous and used portals for images, which allows you to find not only photos at no cost, but also illustrations and vector images (as well as videos). Note that most of the available content is free for commercial use and without any attribution obligation and that to download photos with a higher resolution you need to create a special free account.
To be able to use it, go to the site home page and type the keyword to search for images in the text field located in the center, then select the category exact content that interests you from the drop-down menu on the right and press the button Submit on the computer keyboard.
You can also decide to explore the content available for category, selecting the one of your interest from the top left part of the page, while clicking on the menu Explore located on the right you can access the most popular ones of the moment.
On the page with the list of images that will later be shown to you, locate the photo that you think will be most suitable for you and click on the relevant thumbnail, so that you can see it enlarged. If you can’t find any image that interests you, you can help in selecting and viewing it with the search filters located at the top.
Once you open the Pixabay page dedicated to the chosen image, check that the type of license, indicated on the right, corresponds to your needs and, if so, proceed with the download, by pressing the button Free download always located on the right, choosing the resolution of your interest and then clicking on the button Download.
Keep in mind that if the resolution you have chosen requires the creation of an account, before proceeding with the download of the image, you will have to register on the site by pressing the button subscribe and providing the requested data.
Other sites for free photos
You would like me to suggest others sites for photos at no cost? No problem! In fact, below you will find further portals belonging to the category that you can evaluate.
- Pexels – it is a site to search and download photos at no cost, chock full of contents belonging to the most disparate categories. Even in this case, there is no obligation to attribute the source to the images taken. The available content may also be used for commercial purposes. Eventually, it can also be used as an app for Android is iOS / iPadOS.
- Unsplash – it is one of the best known solutions in the world for finding high resolution images and it is one of the best in its own right sites for photos without copyright. The portal, in fact, allows you to download the shots uploaded by other users at no cost, which can then be used for both personal and commercial purposes, in both cases without obligation to assign them. It is also available as an app for iOS / iPadOS.
- Google Images – as can be easily guessed from the name itself, it is the search engine dedicated to images, made available by “big G”. Using it you can find many different images, sifting through all the sources on Google. Note that the images shown may have different rights of use, but thanks to the appropriate filters, finding the most suitable ones according to the case is child’s play. More info here.
Sites for high resolution photos
Let us now turn to sites for high resolution photos, those that you can use to download high-quality images in the form of royalty-free or by purchasing the content of your interest. To find out more, read on.
Shutterstock is a famous platform through which you can buy collections of high quality images, photos, videos, music and editorial content. It also offers content royalty free, accessible after creating a special account.
To be able to use it, go to the its home page, type in the keyword of your interest in the search field at the top, select one category from the drop down menu on the left and press the button with the magnifying glass, to the right.
If you want, you can also perform a reverse search of the contents by clicking on the button Search by image site on the right and selecting the image of your interest from your PC. If, on the other hand, you want to view the content available for category, select the one you are interested in from the menus at the top.
Once the page with the search results is displayed, you can help you find the photos using the filters on the left. When you find a photo you like, click on it thumbnail and, on the new page displayed, check the type of license attributed, shown below.
If it is a royalty free photo, you can download it for free, first creating your account in order to proceed with the download. To do this, fill in the appropriate fields on the right, then press the button Download, select the format you prefer from the menu Select format / size and press the button once more Download. In the case of paid content, however, you will first have to decide whether to buy an annual plan or a package of images, by selecting the appropriate items.
Other sites for high resolution photos
The portal of which I already have you in the previous lines has not convinced you in a particular way and would you like you to point out other sites for high resolution photos? No sooner said than done. You find them reported right below.
- Adobe Stock – famous platform owned by Adobe, as can be guessed from the name itself, which allows access to a vast catalog of photos, illustrations, vector images, videos, models, 3D files and editorial images, upon payment of the relative subscription.
- GettyImages – renowned portal that allows you to purchase single images or entire packages of photos, as well as some licenses that include combinations of photographs, illustrations, videos, vector images and other contents. It is worth noting that it also supports reverse image search and offers the possibility of purchasing royalty-free content. It is also available as an app for Android is iOS / iPadOS.
- iStock – it is a portal owned by GettyImages that allows you to find and search for stock images, photos and illustrations (as well as videos). You can subscribe both annually and monthly, as well as buy credits to be able to redeem the contents of your interest. Note that it can also be used as an app for devices Android is iOS / iPadOS.
Sites for photos to print
Now I want to report the best sites for photos to print on the web. You can find them listed below. Identify what you think will do the most for you and start using it right away.
Snapfish is a service through which you can print photos, photo books, calendars and personalized gift ideas, all in a very simple and fast way and choosing between various formats and materials. Note that it also falls fully within the sites for photo albums and between i Polaroid photo sites, since it allows to commission the printing of these types of products.
To use Snapfish, go to the its home page and create an account to use the service by clicking on the link Login / Register located at the top right and, on the page that is shown to you later, by pressing the button Sign in.
In the form that at this point displays, enter the required data, tick the box located next to the item I accept the Snapfish Terms and Conditions and click the button Sign in.
After completing the registration process, click on the item Upload photos present at the top left and select, from the menu that opens, the position from which you want to take the photos to be printed: you can upload the files from the PC, from Facebook, Instagram, Google Photos or Flickr.
When the upload process is complete, click on the item Order the prints of this album that you find in the box that opened on the screen, choose the print format you are interested in and specify the number of copies you intend to obtain in correspondence with the relative boxes.
If you want to make changes to your photos before proceeding with the order, click on the relative previews and use the functions and tools available on the screen to cut, rotate, improve and apply filters.
Then, using the menu on the right to define the print finish, click on the button Add to Cart, fill in the proposed form with your shipping address and your telephone number, click on the button Go on, check the summary of the order and choose the payment method you want to use, in order to finalize the order.
To order the printing of photos in formats other than the standard ones, instead, you must select the item Prints that you find in the menu located at the top of the main page of Snapfish, you must indicate the type of print, the format and the finish, you must press the button Create this product, select the photos of your interest and proceed with the order as I have already indicated to you earlier.
If this may interest you, I inform you that Snapfish can also be used as an app for smartphones and tablets Android. Its operation is practically similar to that of the website.
Other sites for photos to print
If you are looking for other sites for photos to be printed, I suggest you turn to the ones I have indicated to you in the list below. I am sure that they will satisfy your needs.
- Digitalpix – it is a portal to print photos online that allows users to choose between multiple formats and supports, as well as to create various gadgets using their own photos. Note that a 10 euro discount voucher is offered on the first order.
- Photosi – it is another famous Internet site specialized in digital printing. In fact, it allows you to print your photos in various formats and on the most disparate media. Even in this case, 10 euros of bonuses are offered to be spent in conjunction with the first order placed. It is also available as an app for Android is iOS / iPadOS.
- Photobox – it is an online service that allows you to order the printing of photos on different types of paper via the Web, as well as to create photographic products of various kinds, such as calendars, paintings, greeting cards, etc. Very often interesting promotions are applied that allow to reduce the cost of prints.