Play Store: free games: Have you purchased a new Android smartphone and are you now looking for free games to download on it? Do you have free time and want to spend it having fun with some video games on your Android tablet? If these are just some of the questions you are asking yourself, know that I have what you need.
In today’s guide, in fact, I will show you some free games on the Play Store , which you can download and install comfortably on your smartphone or tablet. All you have to do is carefully follow all the tips that I will give you, in order to identify the game that best suits you, based on some categories that I will offer you.
If you are dying to read the advice I have given you in the following chapters, then sit comfortably and grab your Android device, so that you can immediately install all the games that interest you. Having said that, I just have to wish you a good read and, above all, have fun!
Before talking to you about the free games that you can download to your Android smartphone or tablet via the Play Store, I must first indicate what are the essential requirements for you to correctly perform this procedure.
First of all, you must have a Google account , without which you will not be able to download the apps from the Play Store. If you don’t have one, you can very well create one easily right from your Android device. If you don’t know how to do it, I suggest you read my guide dedicated to the topic.
Once this is done, you need to associate the newly created Google Account with your Android smartphone or tablet. If you created it directly from your device, this is done automatically. If you preferred to create it from a PC, you will then need to log in to your device: I explained in detail how to do it in my guide on how to access the Google account .
The last step you need to take is to make sure that your device has an active Internet connection. To do this, you need to connect it to the SIM data network or to Wi-Fi. I recommend the latter, as you can avoid any extra costs that you may encounter if you exceed the SIM rate plan thresholds. You can consult my guide on how to connect to the Internet via mobile phone , to learn more about this topic.
Play Store: free games
Arcade and Action
- Temple Run 2 – hugely popular endless running, set in an ancient temple, where you have to guide your character along a path fraught with obstacles and bonuses to collect.
- Subway Surfers – another very popular endless running. The game impersonates a boy who must run away from a train station, avoiding running trains and other obstacles.
- Reaper – action-RPG where you must command a sword-armed demon. It has beautiful 2D cartoon-style graphics.
- Jetpack Joyride – a very famous 2D cartoon-style game, where you have to guide a guy armed with jetpacks along different levels and collect coins while avoiding enemies.
- Brothers in Arms 3 – excellent war FPS with 3D graphics. It can be played in both single and online multiplayer modes, it includes different maps and different game modes, such as Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch.
- Modern Combat 5 – another unmissable 3D shooter to play in both single and multiplayer modes. It includes several different character classes and game styles.
- Call of Duty: Mobile – is the official game of the Call of Duty series that allows you to play together with your friends, in multiplayer maps or in some battle royale style.
- Lep’s World 3 – a Super Mario style platformer featuring a cute elf. It offers a varied and engaging gameplay, with 2D graphics.
- Wind-up Kinght 2 – a mix of action and platform where you have to dress as a medieval knight and “slice” all the enemies you meet. Very well cared for from an artistic point of view.
- Zombie Tsunami – is a cute horizontal scrolling running game, which consists of putting together a horde of zombies to cross a city and turn its inhabitants into zombies.
- Dead Trigger 2 – one of the most complete and spectacular shooters available on Android. The enemies are zombies of various types, which you must face using an arsenal consisting of a wide range of weapons.
- Into the Dead 2 – another action game with first person view in which you have to face the zombies, avoiding them or hitting them with the weapons collected during the adventure.
- Shadow Fight 3 – a hybrid title halfway between action, fighting games and RPG. In the game you have to equip your character with weapons and armor of various kinds and face your enemies (1 vs 1) using dozens of realistically animated martial techniques.
- World of Tanks Blitz – multiplayer war title based on the world-famous World of Tanks. It includes over 100 tanks and allows you to try your hand in exciting multiplayer battles. It has excellent 3D graphics.
If you are looking for games for children and that are also suitable for the whole family, you may find inspiration the advice that I will give you in the next paragraphs.
- Hot Wheels: Race Off – is a racing game with the famous Hot Wheels cars. You can collect many cars and race them in over 40 circuits. You can also challenge your friends through a competitive multiplayer mode.
- ROBLOX – is the famous video game dedicated to the creation of virtual worlds through which players can give space to their creativity, also playing together with their friends.
- slither.io – is the mobile version of the famous video game of the same name, which consists of controlling a cute little worm and making it grow in size, paying attention to other players who will try to stop your race to dominate the pitch.
- Inside Out: Thought Bubbles – is a Puzzle Bubble-style game featuring the characters from the famous animated film Inside Out.
- Cooking Mama: Let’s Cook! – is a game that aims to cook dishes, through recipes and combining different ingredients together.
- Masha and the Bear: Educational games – is a collection of educational mini-games that feature Masha and the Bear as protagonists. Among them, you can find puzzle, memory and music games.
- Where is my water? 2 – is the sequel to the most famous physics-based puzzle game, which allows you to direct the flow of water to a cute crocodile, thus allowing him to take a shower.
Cards and Casinos
Are you a fan of card games or casino style games ? Great. On the Android store there are solitaires and really well-made multiplayer applications, which wait for nothing more than to be tried. Here are some examples.
- Scopa – exceptional Scopa game with 11 regional card decks and various unlockable achievements. In addition to single game play, it also supports online multiplayer.
- Burraco Jogatina – one of the best mobile transpositions of Burraco with support for online multiplayer 2v2 or 4v4.
- Briscola – fun game dedicated to Briscola with very accurate graphics, different decks of cards and difficulty levels to choose from. You can play alone against AI, online or in local games via Bluetooth.
- 250+ Solitaire Collection – as the name suggests, it is a collection of over 250 card Solitaires, including the classic Klondike, Spider, FreeCell and many more.
- Fresh Deck Poker – Online multiplayer Texas Hold’em poker with very accurate 3D graphics.
- ONE! – the mobile version of the famous UNO !, a very fun card game that needs no introduction now. You can play online to challenge other players.
- Hearthstone Heroes of Warcraft – a card game dedicated to the world of Warcraft, developed by Blizzard.
In most cases, when you feel bored and hold your smartphone, the first thing you do is start a nice puzzle game . On the Play Store you can find many: here are the best.
- 2048 – impossible not to know it. It is the famous puzzle game, whose purpose is to move the numbered pieces within a 4 × 4 pattern, add those with the same numbers and arrive at the figure 2048.
- TwoDots – simple and exciting pastime, consists of joining the colored dots of the same color. It can be played in time or with a limited number of moves. He is the heir to Dots, another very popular pastime of the same genre.
- Paperama – game dedicated to the world of origami, in which you need to fold a sheet of paper and create figures without exceeding the maximum number of moves allowed.
- Angry Birds 2 – sequel to the famous Angry Birds. The aim of the game is always the same, that is to bring down the enemy pigs by catapulting colorful birds.
- Candy Crush Soda Saga – a very famous King puzzle game, whose aim is to match the colored candies reaching the goal of the level in the least number of moves possible.
- Crossy Road – evolution of the famous Frog. The aim of the game is to guide your character (an animal, of your choice) to the end of a path without being run over by cars.
- Timberman – nice game where you have to play the role of a lumberjack and cut a tree with ax strokes avoiding the branches that appear left and right.
- 1010 – one of the most popular puzzle games of recent times. It is a sort of Tetris in which the bricks, however, do not fall from above. They are arranged autonomously by the player in an empty scheme, with the aim of creating uniform rows and columns to be deleted.
- Shoot Bubble – one of the most popular Puzzle Bubble clones on the Play Store. The aim of the game, of course, is to shoot the colored bubbles on the screen in order to pop those already present in the level.
- Cut the Rope – historical puzzle game in which you have to cut the ropes that hold a candy tied, so that it can be eaten by a nice frog.
- Roll the Ball – nice pastime where you have to move the blocks that make up a path, in order to pass a ball from point A to point B.
If you are a lover of simulation games , then you will surely find some video games of your interest in the next paragraphs, which you can comfortably download on your Android smartphone or tablet, through the Play Store.
- Plague Inc. – is a game that allows you to simulate the spread of epidemics around the world. The aim of the game is to contrast world defenses and encourage the spread of the epidemic by activating mutations on it.
- Block Craft 3D – is an excellent free alternative to Minecraft, which allows you to explore and build within a vast virtual world, with a graphic style very similar to that of the popular Mojang video game.
- Idle Miner Tycoon – is a game that allows you to simulate the construction and development of a mine, in order to achieve huge profits.
- The Sims Mobile – is the world’s most popular real-life simulation game based on the Sims series of the same name. The goal is to manage the daily life of your virtual alter egos.
- Farming Simulator 14 – if you are a peasant life enthusiast, this is the simulation game for you, as it allows you to perform virtually all typical agricultural activities.
- Rebel Inc. – is a game developed by the same creators as Plague Inc. and, while maintaining a similar game mode, you will have to counter the rise of popular insurrections around the world.
- SimCity BuildIt – for lovers of city building management games, this is the right one: it is the mobile version of the SimCity game of the same name.
- Jurassic World – is a game that allows you to manage your own dinosaur theme park, raising them and making them grow and even colliding them in epic battles.
Sport and Racing
- FIFA Football – the mobile version of the official football simulation. It has beautiful 3D graphics and combines football played with many managerial aspects. Unfortunately, many contents can only be unlocked for a fee.
- Top Eleven – managerial football title where you have to manage a team, make the transfer market and set the game tactics to bring it to the championship victory.
- Head Soccer – a very special soccer game, with 2D cartoony graphics, in which two anime-style characters fight to throw the ball into the opponent’s net.
- 3D Bowling – one of the best bowling games available on Android. It has beautiful 3D graphics, with very well-groomed scenarios.
- 8 Ball Pool – excellent online multiplayer billiards game with bird’s eye view. Includes various game modes.
- 2XL MX Offroad – beautiful 3D game dedicated to motocross. It includes original tracks, many bikes and adjustable view (in first or third person).
- Asphalt 9 – hugely popular racing title featuring spectacular 3D graphics. It allows you to choose from many popular cars, with original licenses and brands, and to challenge other users from all over the world in multiplayer.
- Real Racing 3 – another famous game dedicated to the world of four wheels. It includes tons of vehicles and tracks, thousands of events and includes a fun online multiplayer mode.
- Need for Speed: NL racing – the official racing video game of the famous Need for Speed series, which features many vehicles with attention to detail and customizable.
- Finger Tennis – 3D tennis game featuring an excellent touch control system.
- Cliff Diving 3D – cute diving game with 3D graphics.
- Jam League Basketball – basketball title with 3D graphics in cartoon style. It includes 12 teams, 18 balls and many different types of shoes.
Strategy and role-playing games
- Plants vs Zombies 2 – one of the best tower defense available in the mobile field, followed by the excellent Plants vs Zombies. The object of the game is to protect your garden from a horde of hungry zombies.
- Doom & Destiny – unmissable GDR made in Italy with many references to pop and nerd culture. It has beautiful 2D cartoony graphics with a top view.
- Dungeon Madness – an action / RPG with old school graphics structured on 13 different dungeons. Allows you to customize the characteristics of your character with weapons and equipment of various kinds.
- Pixel Dungeon – excellent roguelike RPG (with randomly generated dungeons) characterized by old-style graphics, in pixelart.
- The Seven Deadly Sins: Grand Cross – a turn based game based on the famous manga and soul The Seven Deadly Sins. The game is treated in detail and consists of a single mode and a multiplayer.
- Global Defense Zombie War – zombie-based tower defense with different difficulty levels, dozens of unlockable achievements and special skills to conquer.
- Cash of Clans – hugely popular online multiplayer strategy title. The aim of the game is to build a village, set up your army with barbarians, sorcerers, dragons and other warriors and try to expand your empire.
- Kingdom Rush Origins – another tower defense that is definitely worth trying. It has excellent 2D cartoon style graphics.
- MinuteQuest – nice retro-style RPG where you have to defeat the enemies on the screen with simple “taps”. It allows you to create an infinite number of combinations with weapons and armor (some of which are truly original), and this is the most fun part of the game.
- Dungeon Boss – nice strategic RPG with turn-based combat featuring a nice 3D cartoony graphics (“squared” like that of Minecraft).