Multiplayer games: Would you like to try a nice online multiplayer game but don’t want to spend a fortune to do it? So I think you should subscribe to Steam, one of the most popular digital video game distribution platforms in the world, on which you can find many multiplayer titles at bargain prices or even free-to-play, that is, free to download and use (but with paid extras).
If you want to explore the topic, take a few minutes of free time and find out how to use Steam to download the best multiplayer games currently available for Windows, Mac OS X or Linux. It’s very easy!
The first step you need to take to try the multiplayer games of Steam is connect to its official website. At this point, click first on the Install Steam button (located at the top right) and then on Install Steam now (in the middle of the page that opens) to download the service client on your computer. Download is complete open, double clicking on it, the SteamSetup.exe file you just downloaded and, in the window that opens, click on Yes first and then on Next .
Then accept the conditions of use of the software, placing the check mark next to the item I accept the license agreement , and conclude the Steam setup by clicking first on Next twice in a row and then on Install and Finish . At the end of the procedure, an update of the program starts automatically which can take several minutes (you have to wait for about 80MB of data to be downloaded).
When the operation is complete, the Steam client opens and you must create your free account on the platform. How? Simply by clicking on the Create a new account button , then on Accept and filling in the form that is proposed to you. Then enter the username and password you want to use to access Steam and click on the Next button , then type in your email address (with relative confirmation repetition) and click on Next again .
Finally, set a secret question to be used in case of loss of login data and click on Next to complete the registration. After a short client update procedure, you must authenticate your identity by clicking on the Next button and visiting the confirmation link that is sent to you by email.
Now you can start browsing the catalog of multiplayer games on Steam and download / buy the ones that interest you most. Then go to the Shop tab of the client, place the mouse pointer on the Games button and select the Mass Multiplayer item from the menu that appears.
You can choose whether to browse the titles based on their publication date by selecting the New Releases tab or the number of downloads registered by selecting the Most Popular (or Most Popular ) tab . When you find a video game that interests you, click on its name, then on the Start game button or on the Add to cart button (depending on whether it is free or paid) and start the download. After the download is complete, you can start playing immediately.
If you want to view only the list of free multiplayer games, place the mouse pointer on the Games button and select the Free-to-Play item from the menu that opens. I assure you that there are really many that are worth trying. A few examples? Here you are satisfied.
- Dota 2 – Valve’s excellent strategic title with excellent 3D graphics. The aim of the game is to destroy the defensive towers of the enemies, invade their bases and eliminate the Ancient. It is available for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
- Team Fortress 2 – another valve multiplayer game. More precisely, it is a shooter with first-person view in which you can choose from nine classes of characters and various game modes, including Arena, Capture the flag and Mann vs Machine. It is available for Windows, OS X and Linux.
- Gotham City Impostors – very enjoyable online FPS set in the Batman universe. He pits squads of vigilantes dressed as Batman and gangs of criminals dressed as Joker. It includes many options to customize the characters and various game modes. For Windows only.
- Warframe unmissable shooter with third-person view in which you must impersonate a warrior of antiquity descending from the “sentient race that dominated the Origin system” engaged in the war against humans of the future. Available only for Windows.
- Stronghold Kingdoms – the most popular castle MMO on Steam. Puts the player in the shoes of a medieval gentleman who must heal and expand his community, by diplomacy or by force. For Windows only.