You have sent a message to your friend on Messenger and hasn’t answered you yet? He may have been too busy and hasn’t gotten to do it yet. How do you say? Are you worried that she is actually ignoring you on purpose? Do not rush to such negative conclusions: this is probably not the case.
In any case, if you want to try to dispel your doubts, all you have to do is continue reading: in the next paragraphs, in fact, I will be able to provide you with some tips that will surely be of great help to you. understand if someone ignores the messages on Messenger.
Come on, can we know that you are still standing there? Get comfortable immediately, take all the time you need to concentrate on reading the next lines and, more importantly, try to implement the “tips” that I will give you. I wish you happy reading and I wish you a big good luck for your “investigations”!
Check the confirmation of reading the messages
As I told you in the introduction of the article, one thing you can do to try to understand if someone ignores the messages on Messenger is check the confirmation of reading the messages: If the message is read, the person may have decided to ignore it.
Smartphones and tablets
To check the confirmation of reading messages on Messenger from smartphone and tablet, launch the official service app for Android or iOS and log into your account, if you haven’t already. Then identify the chat of your interest: then tap on search bar located at the top, type the name of the person of your interest and presses the suggestion you see on the screen.
Once the chat is open, pay attention to the symbol immediately after the sent message: if there is the photo thumbnail of the person you contacted, it means that the latter has read the message and ignored it, not replying to you. If, on the other hand, the symbol is present (✓), the message has been delivered, but has not been viewed yet.
However, take into account that the person to whom you sent the message may have read it without opening it (perhaps through notifications or using “tricks”, such as those in this other guide of mine): in this case, the confirmation of reading will not be present.
To check the confirmation of reading messages on Messenger from computer, you can proceed either from Facebook chat that gives Messenger. Below you will find explained how to act in both ways.
- From Facebook chat – after logging into Facebook from his main page or his own application for Windows 10, click the lightning bolt inside the balloon (top right) and click on chat of your interest, in order to open it. If the message sent to the person in question has been read, you should see the text Viewed: [ora o data] immediately below it. If the message hasn’t been displayed, instead, you should see the symbol below it (✓), which simply confirms its successful delivery.
- From Messenger – after logging into Messenger from his main page or his own Windows 10 application, click the search bar located at the top, type the name of the person of your interest and click on the suggestion that appears on the screen to open the chat. If below the message you sent to the user is the thumbnail of her profile photo, evidently he read the message and ignored it; otherwise, if the symbol is present (✓), the message has been delivered but has not yet been read.
I remind you, however, that the user to whom you sent the message may have read it without having opened it (in this other guide I explained to you how to do this, remember?). If he did so, the read receipt will not be visible even if he actually saw the message.
Check a person’s last login on Messenger
Another thing you can do to try to figure out if someone is ignoring the messages you sent them on Messenger is to check the last access. If the person in question is signed in after receiving messages from you and they are still not displayed, they may have ignored them.
Smartphones and tablets
To view a person’s last login on Messenger by acting from smartphone or tablet, all you have to do is access the Facebook instant messaging service through its official app, go to the chat of your interest and check when was the last time the user logged in.
Before explaining how to proceed, however, I would like to clarify one important thing: if a user has decided to hide the last access on Messenger, you will not be able to trace the data in question. This also applies in your case: if you have hidden your last login, you will not be able to see that of others (unless you decide to make yourself visible again on Messenger). Clear? Well, let’s move on.
To view a person’s last login on Messenger, first launch the service’s official app on your device Android or iOS and, in case you haven’t done so yet, log into your account. Then he presses on search bar located at the top of the screen, type the name of the person of which you want to view the last access and tap on the suggestion that is shown to you.
At this point, if the data relating to the last access is available, you should see it immediately under the name of the user in question, at the top of the screen. If, under his name, you see the wording Active / a [N]h ago or Active / a [N] min ago and the last access appears to have been made after sending your message, the user may have ignored your communication. The same applies if the wording is always under his name Active now and the message has not yet been read.
You want to check the last login made by a person on Messenger by acting as computer? Succeeding is simple: just access the web version or the Messenger application and open the chat of your interest, in order to see when was the last time the user logged in to the service.
However, I would like to tell you that, if a person has chosen to hide the last access on the Facebook chat, you will not be able to trace the information you are looking for. The same goes for you too: if you have decided to hide your last login on Messenger, you will not be able to see that of the other contacts either (unless you decide to make yourself visible again in chat).
To proceed, connect to the Messenger home page or open yours Windows 10 application and, if necessary, log in to your account. Next, click on the search bar which is located at the top left and write, in the appropriate text field, the name of the person whose last access you want to see.
At this point, click on his name and pay attention to what is reported under the latter (at the top of the page): if you see the wording Active / a [N]h ago or Active / a [N] min ago and the last login was later than the one you sent the message, this may have been ignored. The same applies if the user is active, so the wording is visible Active now under his name.
Other useful tips
I conclude this guide with other useful tips to understand if a user ignores messages on Messenger or not. Although they may seem rather trivial, these “tips” may still come in handy, so I suggest you implement them.
- Spend time between messages – if you don’t get a reply to a message right away, don’t hastily conclude that the person is ignoring you. It may be that he is thinking about how to answer you and is simply taking some time. After a few hours, try sending him another message in which you explicitly ask him what he thinks of the previous message: if he should ignore this further invitation to respond, consider the possibility that he is ignoring you.
- Evaluate the replies to your messages – if after asking a question to a person on Messenger, they send you an answer that is vague and / or that has no bearing on the topic you are talking about or if they answer a series of questions simply with a thumbs up, maybe he’s not paying particular attention to you. Even though he is reading your messages, in fact, he is actually ignoring you.
- Ask the person why they are ignoring your messages – in this way you may find that in reality he is not ignoring you (at least that is not his intent), but that he is simply having a hard time finding the time to answer you. If, on the other hand, he is deliberately ignoring you and for some particular reason (such as because you had a misunderstanding), this may be the right time to clarify the matter and make up for it.