How to make a brochure: Do you have to create a brochure for your business, for an event or for anything else, don’t you want to turn to third parties and would you like to understand how and what resources to use to be able to do everything with your own hands? Well, starting from the assumption that yes, this is a feasible operation, I am happy to inform you that based on what your needs and preferences are, you can do everything from your computer, through special apps for smartphones and tablets or directly via the Web If you want, I can give you more details on what to do.
If you allow me a few minutes and a minimum of your attention, I can in fact indicate you how to make a brochure using some resources specifically used for the purpose that can be exploited without particular problems by everyone, even by those who, a bit like you, have never worked on a project of this type and do not consider themselves exactly a great expert in terms of graphics and digital texts. In short, in the end you will see, you can certainly say that you are happy and satisfied with what you have achieved.
Then? How about putting the chatter aside and finally moving on to the real action? Yes? Great. I therefore suggest that you do not waste any more precious time and immediately start working on it. Make yourself comfortable, position yourself in front of your trusted PC or grab your mobile device (it depends on how you decide to proceed) and use the resources listed and explained below that you believe can give you greater satisfaction. Good job!
Publisher and Word (Computer / Mobile / Online)
If you have it installed on your computer, Windows or Mac Microsoft Office (if you remember correctly, I explained how to do it in mine article on the subject), you can create a brochure using the preset templates found in Publisher, the well-known desktop publishing application from Redmond, or in Word, the word processing software part of the company’s productivity suite.
To exploit them, all you have to do is start one of the two aforementioned programs via the relative icon in the menu Start (or in the Star Screen, depends on the version of Windows you are using), select one of the available brochure templates listed and double-click on it.
Once the model is displayed in the Publisher or Word window, you can then edit it as you wish by selecting the various elements that make it up and using the tools in the upper part. For example you can change the color of the texts and the general color set of the project, the type of font, you can add and remove images and other graphic elements etc. For what concerns the management of the pages, just use the left side toolbar.
If then you do not have Microsoft Office on your computer and therefore you do not even have a way to use Publisher or Word, you can resort to the use of Word Online and create your brochure directly from the web browser without having to install new programs on your computer. The operation is good or bad the word of Word on computer.
To use it, all you have to do is connect to the service with your Microsoft account (if you don’t already have one, read my on how to create a Microsoft account to find out how to fix it right away), select one of the appropriate models available (e.g. Brochure or Travel brochures), click on the elements to be modified and use the tools at the top of the page to make all the various and any desired changes.
Once changes are complete, click on the item File at the top left, select the wording Save with name from the menu that appears and choose whether and how to save (both online and on the computer) the created brochure.
Don’t you have a computer at your fingertips and / or would you prefer to act as a smartphone or tablet? This can also be done. To do this, just download and start the app Word on your device Android, iOS or Windows Mobile, press on the voice New present at the top of the application screen, tap on the model Brochure and change the various elements that make up the latter by pressing on it and using the various tools available on the screen.
I would also like to point out that there is one on the Microsoft website special section through which you can find many different models to create your brochures (but not only) to download for free and to edit using Publisher or Word according to your needs.
Pages (Computer / Mobile / Online)
Do you have a Mac? In that case you can make a brochure with Pages, the free Apple word processor software part of the suite iWorks.
To do this, just download Pages from the Mac App Store (if the application is not already installed on the computer) and start the program by clicking on its icon attached to the Launchpad (alternatively, you can call the application through Spotlight or Siri or you can start it by looking for it in the folder Applications), click on the button New document, select the category Others from the left section of the window displayed on the screen and choose one of the models available on the right (e.g. Elegant brochure or Museum brochure) by clicking on it and then pressing the button Choose that is below.
The Pages editor will then open through which you can make all the changes you want to the model of the chosen brochure by selecting the elements and sections on which to intervene and using the appropriate tools located on the sidebar on the right and at the top. For example, you can change the texts, the type of font used, the style used for the images, etc.
If you don’t have a computer at your disposal, you can also do the same from your iPhone or iPad, through the free app Pages for iOS. The operation of the application is practically the same as the desktop variant. It is enough for you download it from the App Store (if you have not already done the installation on your iDevice), start it, press on Create document, choose the desired model from the section Others on the page that opens, press on the various sections available and use the tools available after tapping on the symbol brush above to edit them as you see fit. To edit the texts you have to double-tap on them.
I also point out that if you do not have your Mac at your fingertips and you cannot even intervene from the iPhone or iPad, you can also create your brochure online, through Pages Online. To use them, connect to the iCloud.com and log in with your iCloud account and then click on the icon Pages, click on the button “+” which is at the top and select the template of your interest from the section Others in the new screen that is shown to you. Then click on Choose at the top right to confirm the choice made and on the new page that will open you can proceed with the modification of the template chosen for your brochure, going to act in a similar way to what I have indicated for the desktop version of Pages.
Canva (Online / Mobile)
Another excellent solution that you can consider to create a brochure is Canva. Have you ever heard of it? There is no problem, we remedy immediately. It is an online service that allows you to create flyers, brochures and other printable contents in a very simple and intuitive way. It’s free, both for personal and commercial purposes, but some graphic content is paid.
You ask me how to use it? I’ll explain it right away! To begin with, connect to first page of the service and indicates the reason why you are interested in using Canva (e.g. Private use) then presses the button Sign up with the email address and fill in the fields displayed providing your e-mail address and password to immediately create an account. If you prefer, you can also access the service using your Facebook or Google account by clicking on the relevant buttons.
Then answer the simple questions that are asked by indicating what work you do and what you intend to create with Canva and select the template Brochure you find in the section Marketing resources.
Then you will find yourself in the presence of the editor of the service and you can use the buttons located on the left to choose and change the layout to use (Layout), to add stickers, lines and other elements (Elements), to select a background (Background), to add more personal images (Uploads) And to add personalized writing (Text).
All the elements you choose to add in the central part of the editor can also be modified. To do this, just click on it and use the tooolbar that appears.
Once the desired final result is obtained, download the brochure directly to your computer by clicking on the button Download at the top right and select the preferred format from those proposed.
Finally, I point out that Canva it is also available as an app for despotics Android is iOS. The operation is practically similar to the online version of the service. The only thing that changes is, as can be easily guessed, that instead of “clicking” you will have to “tap”.
Other resources for making a brochure
The solutions to make a brochure that I mentioned in the previous lines have not been able to attract your attention in particular? Are you looking for alternative tools useful for this purpose? Then try to immediately take a look at the following further list of programs, apps and online services. I sincerely hope you can find something that will satisfy you.
- Scribus (Computer) – It is a free and open source program entirely dedicated to desktop publishing that allows you to create printable contents of various kinds, including brochures, quickly and easily. It includes a wide range of templates and has a simple and intuitive interface. It’s free and it’s compatible with Windows, Mac and Linux.
- PagePlus Starter Edition (Computer) – Free software that allows you to create and print documents of all kinds: flyers, brochures, flyers, newspaper pages etc. It offers advanced functions for word processing through which you can create attractive graphics. Note also the drag-and-drop support that allows less experienced users to create professional-level content. It is paid and it is only for Windows.
- Swift Publisher (Computer) – Another excellent resource in the category through which brochures can be produced, as well as newsletters, letterheads and many other printable documents. It can count on a gallery consisting of over 300 ready-to-use templates and integrates perfectly with the macOS libraries. Paid (but a free trial version is available) and only for Mac.
- LucidPress (Online) – This is an online service through which you can create brochures and other similar projects directly from the browser window. It offers many ready-made models and many options available and can be used both for free (with limitations) and in the subscription version, for a fee (which allows you to download the high-quality version of the documents and has no limits as regards the storage space of the file).
- smore (Online) – Online service with characteristics similar to the previous one that allows you to create flyers or flyers to advertise an event or product, shop or service, which remains online and can be shared on Facebook. IS. payment but you can use it at no cost for a trial period.
- Adobe Spark Post (Online / Mobile) – Nice online service from Adobe that allows you to create various types of graphic content quickly and easily and without requiring advanced technical skills. It is also available as an iOS app. It’s free but to use it you need to create an Adobe ID.
- sprightly (Mobile) – Excellent app to create brochures and other informative and / or advertising material from smartphones and tablets. It is a graphically well-made and tool-rich Microsoft home resource. It’s free and available for both Android and iOS.
- PostWrap (Mobile) – Excellent app that allows you to create customized brochures using easy-to-use tools. The various templates and predefined graphic elements can be modified at will. Free and only for Android.