How to find Gmail passwords: You’ve been trying to remember your account password for days and days now Gmail but, despite the great effort, it just can’t come to your mind. How do you say? This is exactly how things are and you think there is nothing else to do but give up your inbox? But no, you are very wrong! If you want, I can explain to you how to find gmail password: it’s not impossible.
In the next paragraphs of this guide, in fact, I will explain how you can succeed in your purpose by resetting the password or recovering it, if you have saved it on one of your devices. One way or another, you should be successful in regaining possession of your account: you just have to take the time to follow the instructions I am about to give you step-by-step.
For the future, in order to avoid wasting precious time trying to find Gmail passwords, I suggest you use one of the solutions that I have indicated in my guide on password programs, so that you can manage and store without problems with the access key of your Google account, and more. Now, however, stop the chatter and let’s start. Happy reading and good luck for everything!
How to find forgotten Gmail password
Let’s start this discussion by looking first how to find forgotten gmail password. Just resort to the simple password recovery procedure made available by Google, thanks to which it is possible to regain possession of your account in a rather simple way.
If you prefer to act from computerall you have to do is go to the main Gmail page, provide your address, indicate that you do not remember your password and follow the instructions on the screen.
Then go on This Pagewrite yours email address in the appropriate text field, click on the button Forward and click on the link Forgot password? located below the password entry field. Now you need to select one of the recovery methods from those available. For example, if you have a mobile number associated with the account you intend to retrieve, you can click the option Receive a verification code at ••• ••• •• xx.
Then, write the code that was sent to you via SMS (to the number in question), click on the button Forward and reset your account password by typing it in the text fields Create password And Confirmation. Finally, click on the button Save password And that’s it.
If, on the other hand, you want recover Gmail password without phone number (maybe because you no longer have the number in question), click on the item Try another method until you are offered a recovery method that you think is useful (e.g. answering a Security Question previously chosen, use a alternative email addressetc.) and follow the instructions given on the screen to complete the procedure.
Smartphones and tablets
Do you want to act from smartphone and tabletWhy are you interested find Gmail password on iPhone, iPad or Android? The steps to follow are pretty much the same as I gave you in previous chapter.
To proceed, therefore, also in this case connected to the login page account, provide yours email address in the appropriate text field and tap the button Forward. Now, press on the voice Forgot password? and select one of the available recovery methods, for example Receive a verification code at ••• ••• •• xx.
In conclusion, reports the code that was sent to you via SMS to the number associated with your account in the appropriate text field, press the button Forwardwrite the new password of your account in the text fields Create password And Confirmation and, finally, presses the button Save password.
If the recovery method described above is not available in your case or is not congenial to you, use the one available or press the button Try another method until you are offered one that can be used in your case, such as the answer to one Security Question or using a alternative email address. After selecting the method of your interest, follow the instructions you receive on the screen to complete the operation.
How to recover Gmail password without changing it
You want to recover Gmail password without changing it? In this case, the procedure I have described to you in the previous chapters is not the most suitable for you. Instead, try to put the following instructions into practice and see if you can retrieve it via your browser (provided you have previously saved your login data).
If you want to act from computeropen the browser in which you think you have saved the login credentials of your Gmail account and follow the instructions below.
- Google Chrome – click on the button (⋮) (top right), select items Settings> Passwordclick on theeye mail to the Gmail account of your interest and, if requested, provide the password Of computer.
- Microsoft Edge – click on the button (…) (top right), select the items Settings> Profiles> Passwordsso as to view the saved passwords in the appropriate section on the right opened (you have to click on the symbol of theeye placed in correspondence with the Gmail account of your interest and possibly also provide the password Of computer).
- Mozilla Firefox – to view the passwords stored in Firefox, click on the button (≡) located at the top right, select the icon of Options (or of Preferencesdepending on the operating system you use) and, in the tab that opens, select the item Privacy and security from the left sidebar. Finally, click the button Credentials saved or Passwords saved.
- Safari – go to the menu Safari> Preferences (top left), select the tab Password in the opened window, provide the password of your user account on macOS and select the Gmail account of your interest, so as to see the relative password.
Smartphones and tablets
You have saved your Gmail password on the browser you browse from smartphone and tablet? So let me explain how to proceed in this case too.
- Google Chrome – press the button (⋮) (on Android) or on the button (…) (on iOS / iPadOS), select the items Settings> Password and, once the list of all saved passwords is displayed, press on the account of your interest, tap on theeye placed in correspondence with the item Password and, if requested, confirm your identity by fingerprint, face recognition or password set to protect the device.
- Microsoft Edge – press the button (…) at the bottom of the screen and tap on the items Settings> Save passwordtap on the Gmail account of your interest (under the heading Password) and, in the opened screen, presses on the symbol ofeye located in correspondence with the wording Password and eventually confirm your identity by fingerprint, face recognition or password set to protect the device.
- Mozilla Firefox – presses the button (⋮) (on Android) or on the button (≡) (on iOS / iPadOS), select the items Settings> Credentials and passwords / Logins and passwordsclick on the wording Credentials saved (only necessary if you are working from an Android device) and, after confirming your identity with a fingerprint, face recognition or password set to protect the device, press on the Gmail account whose password you want to see.
- Safari – go to the menu Settings> Passwordconfirm your identity via Face ID, Touch ID or password Apple ID, presses on the Gmail account of your interest and take note of the password in the new screen opened.