How to eat on Minecraft: You started playing Minecraft and, during the first adventures you are facing, you noticed that your avatar loses health even if he is not attacked by enemies. You realized that this situation occurs because you need to feed the character and, therefore, not knowing how to proceed, you wonder how to eat on Minecraft and prevent this unpleasant situation from happening again.
Don’t worry: you’ve come to the right place at the right time. In today’s guide, in fact, I will show you how to make your avatar eat in Minecraft so as not to risk being damaged (even fatal) and having to start your adventure again. First, however, I will explain how to find food within the game world and how to cook it, in order to obtain better foods to always carry with you.
Are you curious to find out the tips I prepared for you in this tutorial, right? All right, then let’s not waste any more time. Take some free time, so read carefully the tips that you will find below, and put them into practice. I assure you that you will not regret it. There is nothing left for me to do, except to wish you a good read and, above all, have fun!
How to find food on Minecraft
One of the first things to do when entering the Minecraft game world is to get food. This phase is important, because otherwise the Hunger point bar will start to drop, causing the avatar’s Health points to be lost , if at zero.
For this reason, it is important to spend some time finding as much food as possible, to be kept in reserve and then devoting yourself to other activities, such as building a refuge or exploring the game world.
First of all, you need to know that some foods on Minecraft can be eaten as soon as they are found, such as Apple or Carrot , or must first be processed, through the Furnace or the Workbench , but it is a topic that I will talk about in the next chapter .
Let’s start with the search for the food and the ingredients that you will need to create more elaborate foods that cannot be directly eaten, of which you can find a list below.
- The cocoa beans are as a prize inside or on the trunks of trees Jungle; it is also possible to grow them by placing the seeds on the trunks of this type of tree.
- The Sugar is an ingredient that is obtained from the processing of sugar cane into a workbench.
- The Grain is a reward that can be found in chests scattered around the world of Minecraft and you can grow it, and then pick it up every time the crops are ripe.
- The pumpkin is spontaneously in the world of Minecraft and can be grown using the pumpkin seeds .
- Mushrooms, such as the Brown Mushroom and the Red Mushroom , are available in the world of Minecraft in dark and wet areas, such as caves or swamps.
- The eggs are laid by the hens , which can be raised inside a fence.
- The milk is obtained by milking a cow , using a bucket to pick it up in inventory.
In addition to the above mentioned ingredients, there are some foods that can be eaten without the need to process them. An example are the Potato , Beetroot , Melon and also the aforementioned Apples and Carrots . Even the meat can be eaten raw, but in some cases can cause poisoning to the avatar, with the consequent loss of points Health .
Speaking of meat , this is achieved by defeating some animals that are found scattered throughout the world of Minecraft. For example, raw chicken is obtained from hens , raw beef from cows or raw sheep meat from sheep .
How to prepare food on Minecraft
Now that you’ve learned about the foods you can use on Minecraft, it’s time to see how to cook them . In fact, you must know that some foods, if eaten without previous cooking, can cause intoxication, such as raw meat , or restore only a few Hunger points compared to when they are cooked. It is therefore a good practice to bring high-performance foods that can be processed in the furnace or workbench .
As for all types of meat and fish , by placing them inside a furnace lit with fuel ( wood or coal ), they are transformed into their cooked version . For example, raw chicken becomes cooked chicken , raw rabbit becomes cooked rabbit and raw cod becomes cooked cod . Even the potato , if inserted in a furnace , is transformed into a baked potato , useful for restoring more pointsHealth and Hunger compared to the uncooked version.
As I mentioned in the previous chapter , some foods can only be used as ingredients to create more elaborate foods. In the next few lines, I will list some foods that you can create via the Workbench .
- The bread is one of the most fast foods and simple to create, because it requires only three units of grain .
- The cake requires, however, a combination of several ingredients: three units of milk , two of sugar , one egg and three units of wheat . After creating it, it cannot be eaten directly (I’ll tell you more about it in the next chapter of the guide).
- The Cookie is a simpler and less useful food than the others listed in the preceding lines, as it has lower efficiency. It is obtained by putting together two units of Wheat and a Cocoa Bean .
- The Golden Apple and the Golden Carrot are obtained with eight units of Gold Bars and, respectively, with an Apple or a Carrot . These foods are useful not only because they restore many Health and Hunger points , but also because they give effect bonuses to the avatar, such as greater damage resistance and health points regeneration .
- The Pumpkin Pie is a good food, also for its simplicity of creation: it requires only one unit of Pumpkin , a sugar and an egg .
Still using a workbench , with the use of a bowl as an “ingredient”, it is possible to make soups and stews.
For example, beetroot soup is obtained by adding six units of beetroot , mushroom soup by adding one unit of red mushroom and one of brown mushroom , while rabbit stew is created by adding a carrot , a mushroom red , a baked potato and a cooked rabbit .
Now that you have an idea of all the types of foods you can create to eat them in Minecraft, it is important to understand which is the best to take with you on your adventures. As I already told you in the previous chapters, with the passage of time, the Hunger points will begin to decrease and, for this reason, it is required to eat a food.
In general, foods restore these points to a different amount, therefore, it is useful to know which are the best ones to create. In addition to this, you must consider that, by eating, Health points are also restored , of a different amount based on the food used.
Another parameter that, however, is not displayed on the screen and therefore the player cannot monitor directly is that relating to Saturation , which expires every time the player performs activities such as running or digging. When the level of Saturation drops to zero, the Hunger points begin to fall, with the consequences of which you are already aware.
All foods restore this level of Saturation to a certain amount and only some of them are more convenient than others to carry them during their adventures. Consider that even the amount of Saturation points that a food can restore can never exceed the current Hunger level , so you could use different combinations of foods to optimize their consumption.
Just to give you some examples, cooked sheep meat restores 6 Hunger points and increases the Saturation level by 9.6; a Cake , on the other hand, recovers 14 Hunger points , but only raises the Saturation level by 2.8 points. Therefore, using a cooked Sheep meat if you are only with zero Hunger points is a waste of the Saturation points , because only 6, instead of 9.6, would be restored. With a cake , however, you would have a saturation level restored too low and you will have to eat more food soon.
Generally speaking, the best foods that have a more efficient Saturation / Hunger points recovery ratio are the Golden Apple and the Golden Carrot . Followed by cooked meats , such as pork, sheep or beef or cooked salmon . Then follow all the other types of food, among which the worst are the cake , the biscuits or the raw fish .
How to eat on Minecraft
After taking into consideration the advice I gave you in the previous chapters to understand how to recover food and how to cook it, to get better ones, it’s time to find out how to eat on Minecraft .
First, open the inventory and drag the food to the bottom bar in any quick slot. Once this is done, exit the inventory and press the number button corresponding to the food slot, to equip it. Very well! Now you just have to hold down the interaction key (the right mouse button) to start the animation that will allow you to feed on the food you have in your hand.
The only food that needs to be eaten differently is the Cake , which requires before being placed on a shelf, as if it were a block. After doing this, interact on it to eat a slice, for a maximum of seven, before it is completely consumed.