How to download GTA on Android: You are an avid gamer of GTA (Grand Theft Auto) on console and on computer, talking to a friend about what you learned about the fact that some chapters of the famous videogame saga are also available for your Android smartphone (or tablet) and so , very happy, you have decided to deepen the topic so that you can understand how to download them immediately. However, if you are here now and you are reading this article, it seems very clear to me that not being particularly tight in terms of mobile devices and new technologies it is not yet clear how to proceed. You would therefore like to receive some advice on what to do.
How do you say? Things are exactly this way and would you like to know if I can help you or not on what to do? But goddamn that yes, don’t worry, that was exactly what I meant to do! If you give me a few minutes of your precious time, I can in fact illustrate, by thread and by sign, how to play checkers on the Internet , which, I anticipate it immediately, is really easy.
Clearly, considering that as well as on computers and consoles also on Android there are various chapters of the famous saga of Rockstar Games, I will be happy to explain how to proceed in all cases. I will also explain what operations to do in order to make your downloads without problems and what other similar games you can possibly consider alternatively. Now, however, just chat and let’s move on to the real action. I wish you, as usual, happy reading and … have fun!
Chapters of GTA for Android
As anticipated at the beginning, before explaining how to play checkers on the Internet it seems right to me to illustrate which are the chapters of the saga that can be used on the mobile platform of the “green robot”. Unfortunately the most recent GTA V is not available (for the moment it remains an exclusive of PC and console) but it is still possible to download some of the previous chapters of Grand Theft Auto and the spin-offs that were originally playable on portable consoles. So let’s see in detail which ones.
- Grand Theft Auto III – It costs 4.99 euros and is the transposition for Android smartphones and tablets of what was the first three-dimensional chapter of Grand Theft Auto originally launched in 2001.
- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City – Presents an 80s setting and is one of the most acclaimed chapters in the whole saga. It was originally launched in 2002. Again, the price of the game is € 4.99,
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas – Another exciting chapter in the game originally launched in 2004. It costs 6.99 euros.
- Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars – It is a chapter of GTA originally made available only for portable consoles. The view is from above and the graphics are old school. It costs 4.99 euros.
- Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories – It costs 6.99 euros and is the prequel to GTA 3, set three years earlier. It was originally launched in 2005 on consoles.
Most of the chapters of GTA for Android can also be downloaded outside the Play Store, finding the relative APK file from alternative stores. But if you want a rabbit, if I were you I would stay well away from resources of this type so as not to run into viruses and various problems deriving from the installation of games from unsafe sources. So carefully avoid the so-called “black markets” of the apps that I know, they can be tempting, but in addition to promoting the distribution of pirated material (which is a crime!) They make available to unsuspecting users applications that they can be very dangerous for your device. Then don’t tell me I didn’t warn you!
What to do before downloading GTA on Android
Now that you have the clearest ideas about the various chapters of the famous game that can be downloaded on Android smartphones and tablets, let’s try to understand what operations it is good to do in a preliminary way in order to proceed with the download as well as what you need to be able to do it.
We start from a fundamental assumption: to be able to download GTA on Android, as well as any other app, game or content from the Play Store, you must necessarily be a Google Account holder and you must have connected the latter to your device. If you do not already have a Google Account and / or if you have not already connected the latter to your smartphone or tablet, you can do everything at the moment, directly from Android. Now I’ll explain how, it’s very easy.
To begin with, access the Drawer (the screen of your smartphone or tablet in which all the apps are grouped), find the Settings icon (the one in the shape of a gear ) and press on it then tap on the General tab or, if you can’t see it, scroll to the middle of the screen that is shown to you and tap on the + Add account button that you find under the word Account .
Once this is done, select the Google logo and then stop on the Existing button , if you want to connect an existing Google account to the device, or on the New button , to create a new account directly from Android. In the first case, simply provide the login data to your account by typing the e-mail address and associated password.
If instead you have chosen to create a new account, you will have to fill out the form that is proposed to you by typing first name and surname, then the username you want to use (which will also be the initial part of your Gmail email address) and the password that you want to use to access it. Then choose whether to indicate a secondary email address or a phone number to be used if you need to retrieve the access data of the Gmail account or if you want to go on.
To complete the whole procedure, omit (if you want) the invitation to receive news about Google Play offers and tap the Accept button . By doing so, your Gmail email address will automatically be associated with the smartphone or tablet you are using. If you think you need more details on what to do, you can also read my tutorial on how to create Google accounts through which I proceeded to talk about the thing with even more detail.
Download GTA on Android
Once created and / or associated with the phone or tablet in your possession, the Google account you are finally ready to take the real action: download GTA on Android. To do this, access the Google Play Store by pressing on its icon (that of the white bag with the “play” symbol printed on it) that you find on the main screen of the device or in the menu with the icons of all the apps installed on your smartphone or tablet (the Drawer ), select the magnifying glass icon located at the top right and search for gta .
When the search results appear, press the icon of the chapter of GTA that you want to download among those I have indicated a few lines above. If you prefer, you can speed up the execution of these steps by tapping directly from your Android device on the reference links that I provided you in the previous step.
Once the game card is displayed on the Play Store, press first on the button with the price (e.g. € 4.99 ) and then on the Accept button to download and install GTA on your Android smartphone or tablet. A computed procedure, open the game by pressing the appropriate Open button visible on the screen or by going to the screen of your device in which all the applications are grouped.
If after tapping the button with the price you see a warning appear on the screen through which you are asked to set up a payment method to purchase the game, obviously it is because you had not already done so previously. Then select the desired option (you can pay with PayPal, by rechargeable or credit card, by telephone credit or with a gift card), enter the required data and confirm the thing.
If you cannot find the icon of the Play Store neither on the home screen nor in the screen with the applications installed on the terminal, most likely it is because you have an economic phone or tablet that for purely bureaucratic reasons does not include the app store of big G. To solve this problem you can perform the installation “by hand”. To find out how, I recommend reading my tutorial on how to download Android applications .
Other games similar to GTA for Android
To “close beautifully”, as you say, I would like to point out some games that you can download on your Android smartphone or tablet as an alternative or in addition to the already mentioned chapters of the GTA saga. It features more or less similar gameplay and / or settings. Here they are.
- Gangstar Vegas – mafia game – Game where you find yourself in the role of a mixed martial arts wrestler who is framed by the mafia in the city of Las Vegas. You can have fun with various game modes as well as with the approximately 80 missions available. The graphics are really well done and you can download them for free.
- Gangstar Rio: City of Saints – Nice game in which you can visit the city of Rio de Janeiro with customizable cars, motorcycles, helicopters and tanks. The missions of the main story are about 60 and to overcome them you need to take advantage of a vast arsenal. There are also several side missions scattered around the map and the look of the main character can be changed at will. It costs 6.99 euros.
- Block City Wars + skins export – Although the graphics are very reminiscent of that of Minecraft, in this game all focused on city shootings and robberies it is possible to enjoy, even if a little far away, the glories of GTA with the sandbox modes. The experience is far from realistic, that’s clear, but the gamplay is fun enough and also offers a good online multiplayer experience. You can download it for free.
- San Andreas straight 2 Compton – It is practically the clone of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. Also in this title, a young black man leaves prison and returns to his neighborhood where he prefers to rely on the underworld to survive. Note that 5 different missions are offered on a daily basis. However, it has numerous bugs that sometimes ruin the game experience but it is still worth trying. You can download it for free.
- Police vs Gangster New York 3D – A classic guards and thieves in which you find yourself playing the role of justice in the city of New York. Patrolling is often involved in chases and shootings to catch or kill the most dangerous criminals around. The setting is not properly reproduced in an impeccable way but is still able to make the game experience very pleasant. You can download it for free.
The Android games to download as an alternative to Grand Theft Auto that I have already told you about have not been able to satisfy you or are you still looking for other titles with which you can have fun from your smartphone or tablet? Then immediately take a look at my article on beautiful how to play checkers on the Internet through which, in fact, I proceeded to list you various titles that are funny and passionate and belonging to all genres. I sincerely hope that you will be able to find something that will satisfy your gaming needs.