How to disable Instagram notifications: Are you sick of being constantly bothered by notifications from Instagram, however don’t want to deactivate your account or delete the app from your device? Then all you have to do is disable the notifications from the famous photographic social network. How do you say? Have you already thought about it but you don’t have the faintest idea how to do this? No problem: I can explain how to proceed.
In the next paragraphs of this tutorial, in fact, I will be able to point you out how to turn off Instagram notifications through some settings of your mobile device or your computer, as well as some Instagram settings. You will see: at the end of this reading, you will finally be able to say goodbye to interruptions due to social network notifications.
Since I hear you “pawing”, I would say not to waste any more precious time chatting and to go straight into the heart of this article. Make yourself comfortable, take all the time you need to concentrate on reading the next lines, so as to be able to understand how to complete your technological “enterprise” today. I wish you happy reading and I wish you a big good luck for everything!
How to remove Instagram notifications
Would you remove all notifications from Instagram to completely silence the famous photographic social network? Let me tell you how to proceed.
To remove all notifications from Instagram on Androidyou must go to the system settings, specifically in the section dedicated to the notifications of the various apps, select Instagram and disable the notifications regarding the app in question.
Then start the app Settings placed on the home screen and / or in the drawer of your device, tap on the option Notifications (or Audio and notifications) and, in the screen that opens, select the wording Applications (or Notifications> App Notifications).
Scroll, therefore, which contains the list of installed apps, tap oninstagram icon and move up ON the toggle switch located next to the item Block (or Block everything): by doing so, you will no longer receive notifications from Instagram, unless you set the block lever back to OFF.
Please note that the procedure in question may slightly vary depending on the make / model of the device in your possession and depending on the version of Android installed on the latter.
Also on iPhone it is possible to deactivate all notifications coming from the Instagram app using the operating system settings: just go to the section dedicated to notifications, select the Instagram app and remove the authorization to send new notifications.
Then start the app Settings of iOS, by tapping on the gray icon with gears placed on the home screen, select the item Notifications in the screen that opens, scroll through the list of apps and then press the icon of Instagram.
Finally, move up OFF the switch lever located in correspondence with the wording Allow notifications And that’s it. Obviously, you can always retrace your steps by going to the previously indicated screen and moving the lever up ON.
You also use Instagram on PC? Well, in that case, know that you can turn off notifications, both as far as the web version of the social network that his application for Windows 10.
If you use the web version of Instagramto disable Instagram notifications you must go to the settings of the browser in use and proceed directly from there. Here’s how to act on the main web browsers.
- Chrome – click on the button (⋮) located at the top right and select the item Settings in the opened menu. Then click on the item Site settings located in the box Privacy and security and select the item Notifications. Now, go to the section Allow and, once the address has been identified https://www.instagram.comclick on the button (⋮) placed next to it and select the item Block from the opened menu.
- Firefox – click on the button (≡) at the top right, click on the item Preferences in the opened menu and then go to the card Privacy and security, by clicking on the wording in the sidebar located on the left. Now, click the button Settings … located in correspondence with the wording Notifications (in the box Permits), locate https://www.instagram.comexpand the drop-down menu corresponding to the site of Instagram and select the item Block. Finally, click on the button Save Changes located in the lower right corner of the pane.
- Microsoft Edge – click on the button (…) located at the top right and select the item Settings from the opened menu. Then choose the item Site permissions located on the left, click Notificationsthen on the button add placed in correspondence with the item Block and, after entering the address https://www.instagram.com in the appropriate text field, click on the button add.
- Safari – go to the menu Safari> Preferences (top left), click on the item Notifications located on the side bar located on the left (in the section General), locate www.instagram.comopen the drop-down menu next to it and select the item Refuse.
As for theInstagram application for Windows 10instead, to disable the notifications from the latter, click on the button Start (the flag icon located in the lower left corner of the screen), click thegear placed on the left of the opened menu, to go to the Settings Windows 10, and select the item System present in the window that opens.
Then click on the item Notifications and actions placed on the left and, in the section Get notifications from apps and other sendersmove up Disabled the switch located at the application of Instagram.
How to disable Instagram notifications of a profile
If you want disable Instagram notifications of a profile and not all notifications from the photographic social network, all you have to do is follow the instructions below.
How to turn off Instagram Stories notifications
If you mean turn off Instagram Stories notifications made by other users, log into your account via the Instagram app for Android or iPhonetap on the icon magnifying glass located at the bottom left, look for the profile of the person whose notifications for stories you want to silence (in search bar at the top) and tap his usernamein order to go to his account.
At this point, to disable notifications relating to stories, tap the symbol (∨) placed next to the wording Follow alreadyin the opened box, tap on the item Notifications and finally move up OFF the switch lever located in correspondence with the wording Stories.
From now on, when the user posts a new story on Instagram, you will not receive any notification (unless you go back to the screen indicated above by setting it again to ON the switch next to the wording Stories).
If desired, you can also disable the display of the thumbnail relating to the availability of a new story by the selected user: to proceed in this sense, tap on the cottage (bottom left), make a long tap on the story created by the user you want to silence and press on the wording Turn off history or Turn off the story and posts (based on what you want to do).
How to turn off Instagram post notifications
If you wish disable notifications of Instagram posts published by other users, log into your account via the Instagram app for Android or iPhonetap on the symbol of magnifying glass (bottom left) and find the profile of your interest.
Then, select the profile of your interest, click on the symbol (∨) which is next to the item Follow already and, in the box that opens, tap on the item Notifications and move up OFF the switch located in correspondence with the wording Post.
From this moment on, you will not receive notifications regarding new posts published by the user in question (unless you move back to ON the switch deactivated previously).
If you want, you can also act from the Instagram feed. Just locate a post published by the user you want to silence, tap on the symbol of three dots located in the upper right corner of the box relating to the post itself and select the item Turn off post notifications.
If you don’t want to see the user’s posts, instead, after tapping on the icon three dots placed in the upper right corner of the post, tap on the item Silence and then select the wording Disable posts or Disable posts and story (based on what you intend to do).
How to disable Instagram notifications on the email
You came to this guide because you intend to disable Instagram notifications on the email associated with your account? This is also possible: just access your account settings and disable unwanted notifications. Here’s how to do it from mobile and computer.
- From smartphones and tablets – access Instagram from its app for Android or iPhonetap the button (≡) located at the top right, select the item Settings and then tap on Notifications. Then select the item Email and SMS and, in the screen that opens, move up OFF the switches that are located in correspondence with the types of notifications to be silenced (eg. Reminder email, Product emailsetc.).
- From PC – log into Instagram from his home page or his own application for Windows 10click on the thumbnail of the your profile picture at the top right, click on the icon wheel located in the center and select the item Notifications from the menu that opens. Finally, remove the check mark from the boxes relating to the types of messages not to receive via e-mail and that’s it.