How to decorate a house in Minecraft: By playing Minecraft , you have built a beautiful house that will cause your friends to envy. Before showing it to her, however, you would like to furnish it so that everyone will be amazed. The only problem is that you have no idea how to furnish a house in Minecraft and therefore you would like a hand from me. Is this the way it is, am I right?
Then you will be happy to know that, in today’s guide, I will show you how to do this using all the resources available in the famous Mojang title. First of all, I will explain which materials to use to make your home and give it a touch of style. Next, I will explain how to furnish it, building objects, tools and decorations useful for your purposes. Finally, in case you want to expand the type of objects to be used in the furniture, I will suggest some mods that could be right for you.
I’m sure this introduction of mine has intrigued you to the point that you can’t wait to start, do you? Perfect, then let’s start immediately! All you have to do is sit comfortably and take a few minutes of your free time, so that you can carefully consult all the suggestions I have prepared for you and put them into practice. All I have to do is wish you a good read and, above all, have fun!
Building a house in Minecraft
Before talking to you about how to furnish a house in Minecraft , I will give you some tips on how to give a touch of style to the interiors of the building. First, you can use plain materials, such as colored concrete , to create walls or floors with a modern tone. You can also use the steps to create raised floors or inlets on the walls, which give the effect of wall shelves.
Alternatively, using wood , you can create a parquet floor or walls with an attractive wood effect. Even bricks can be a useful material for the decoration of the interior, giving the house a more rustic style.
In general, I advise you to consult some of my guides dedicated to building houses on Minecraft that will help you choose the most useful materials to use for the realization of your projects, based on your personal tastes. In this regard, you can read my guides on how to build a modern house , a villa , a palace , a castle or, even, a tree house .
Furnish a home in Minecraft
If you want to decorate your home in Minecraft , what you need to do is build the objects that can embellish it and make it more comfortable, or those that can be useful for your adventures in this famous video game.
Inside a house, the objects you can’t do without are the bed and the trunk . As for the bed , it allows you to quickly spend the night in order to go directly dawn.
It is also important as it represents the avatar’s rebirth whenever it is defeated by enemies. If you are interested in this object, I recommend that you carefully read my guide dedicated to this topic, in which I explain how to manufacture it and how to change its color.
The trunk , on the other hand, is an indispensable object as it allows you to preserve all the resources that are collected during your adventures or the elements that are made with work tools (which I will tell you about in the next chapter).
The construction of a trunk is simple: you need 9 units of wooden boards to be placed in a workbench . When you place a chest, you get one with 27 available slots . By placing two trunks side by side, on the other hand, a large Trunk with a maximum capacity of 54 slots is generated .
In Minecraft, there are innumerable tools for working, manufacturing or enchanting objects: in the next paragraphs, I will show you a list of all those you can build, showing you their usefulness and resources for their realization.
- Workbench : it is a tool that allows the manufacture of a large quantity of objects. It is one of the first tools to be built to make more complex objects. To build one, open the inventory and use the Manufacture slots , so that you can place 4 units of wooden planks .
- Furnace : it aims to work the basic resources to create new ones, such as iron ingots that are obtained from raw iron , but it is also useful for food preparation. It can also be used for the reverse process, that is, to merge objects into basic resources. To function, it needs a fuel, like lava (the best of all), coal or wood . To make a Furnace , you need to place 9 crushed stone units on a workbench.
- Anvil : it is a tool that has the purpose of repairing worn objects and renaming them. In addition, it can be useful to add bonuses, in order to enchant objects, through the use of enchanted books . To create an Anvil , you must place 3 units of Iron Block and 4 units of Iron Ingot in a workbench .
- Spell table : allows you to create spells to be applied to books , which can then be used in anvils , or to weapons or tools , to improve their characteristics. A spell table is created using 4 obsidian units , 2 diamond units and 1 book unit in a workbench.
- Melting furnace : it is a tool similar to the furnace , but it is faster in the processing of objects, at a higher cost of using fuel. To make one, you need 1 furnace unit , 5 iron ingot units and 3 polished stone units in a workbench.
- Cartography bench : it is used exclusively for the creation of large maps or for making copies. A cartography bench is obtained in a workbench, using 4 units of wooden boards and 2 units of paper . If you want to learn more about how this tool works, I recommend you read my guide on how to create a map on Minecraft .
- Stone cutter : it is an interesting tool that allows you to create decorations and special cuts on resources such as stone , quartz or bricks . The objects obtained from this tool can be used to decorate rooms with a touch of style. You can make a stonecutter in a workbench using 3 units of stone and 1 unit of iron ingot .
- Grinding wheel : is a tool that allows you to repair weapons and tools and remove any spells applied to them. To create it, you need 2 units of wooden boards , 2 units of staff and 1 unit of stone slab in a workbench.
- Loom : if before it could be complex to apply textures to the banners, through specific combinations of resources on the workbench, using the loom this operation is much simpler, as the plots are already listed, ready to use. To create a frame you need 2 units of string and 2 units of wooden planks .
- Smoker : it is similar to the Furnace , but only allows you to cook food at a higher speed. It too requires a fuel to function and can be created in a workbench using 1 furnace unit and 4 wood units .
- Alembic : it is an object whose sole purpose is to create potions. It can be made using 3 units of crushed stone and 1 unit of blaze rod .
- Cauldron : it is an object that has several purposes, such as that of collecting liquids. In addition, it can be used to whiten a banner or to create shades of colors to dye the leather armor. To make a cauldron , you need to place 7 units of iron ingot in a workbench.
- Camp fire : it is a useful object to illuminate an environment, perhaps by building a fireplace and positioning it inside. It also aims to cook food or to create smoke signals by placing Hay under it. To create a Campfire , you need 3 wooden Log units , 1 Coal unit and 3 Stick units .
In addition to the objects I told you about in the previous chapters, you can create others with a pure ornamental purpose. For example, you can make rugs , using 2 units of wool , which you can place on the floor to embellish it.
Another decorative object is the Quadro , which generates a random design inside and can occupy up to a 4 × 4 area of the wall. To create one, you need to place 8 Stick units and 1 Wool unit on a workbench.
If you want to add plants instead, you can use the flowerpot , to plant flowers and bushes. A flowerpot can be created by simply using 3 brick units .
In case you want to fill the rooms of your home with some music, you can create a turntable , through which you can reproduce the musical discs that you find during your adventures. To carry out this project, you will need 8 units of wooden boards and 1 unit of diamond .
Mod to decorate a house in Minecraft
If you want to decorate your home with many other objects that you cannot find, however, in Minecraft, you can rely on MrCrayfish’s Furniture Mod : it is an additional component that allows you to add many decorative elements and appliances to your home.
If you are interested in using this mod, you must first download the free Minecraft Forge software , available for free on this website . After reaching the link I have provided, press on the Windows Installer item , to download the installation file of the program in question.
I remind you that in order for everything to work properly, the version of Minecraft, the mod and Minecraft Forge must necessarily be the same. After downloading the file, double-click on it and press OK , in the screen pane, to complete the software installation.
Subsequently, download MrCrayfish’s Furniture Mod by reaching this link , which refers to the CurseForge website , and press the Download button , located at the top, to download the latest version of the mod in JAR format . After that, move this file to the mod folder that you find in C: Users [name] AppDataRoaming.minecraft . In case it is not present, create it manually. You don’t know how to do it? I advise you to consult my guide .
Well, we’re almost there: start Minecraft , click the ▲ icon next to the Play button and select the Forge profile . So press the Play button to start Minecraft with mod support.
In the Creative mode of Minecraft, you can find all the objects of the mod in a special inventory card, called MrCrayfish’s Furniture Mod , by pressing the E key . Now all you have to do is choose the object to use, drag it to the quick bar and place it anywhere in your home. Easy, right?