How to build a house on Minecraft: Building a house is one of the first tasks that Minecraft players have to deal with, the famous sandbox title developed by Mojang and subsequently acquired by Microsoft for 2.5 billion dollars. The reason? It is soon said.
Building a house on Minecraft is fundamental both to protect yourself from the threats that loom over the game world as darkness falls, first of all the fearsome creepers, but also to acquire a certain familiarity with the construction materials, the manufacture of the objects and the mechanics of the basis of this famous video game.
If you want to better understand what I’m talking about, read on. We will discover together how to choose the most suitable materials for the construction of a house (or a shelter) in Minecraft, how to assemble all the components in a short time (before darkness falls) and we will try to understand how to keep enemies away with a series of “Tricks” and tips that I hope will be useful. I’ll tell you right away: you will probably have to do several tests before building a building worthy of the name, but don’t give up, in the end I guarantee you that you will succeed and you can finally fully enjoy a vast and varied game like Minecraft.
How to take your first steps in Minecraft
If you are new to the world of Minecraft, before attempting the construction of a refuge, a house, or even a villa, you must become familiar with some fundamental concepts of the game.
First you need to know what mining is , what crafting is and you must learn to do both. Do not be afraid, behind these two “big words” there are two very simple activities that are the basis of the operation of Minecraft.
Mining is the collection of all raw materials that allow you to build objects, weapons, buildings etc. Crafting, on the other hand, is the assembly of the aforementioned materials to create the tools you need. To build a house, for example, you must perform the mining of the raw materials necessary for the construction of the building (eg wood, stone blocks etc.) and the crafting of all the objects needed to “assemble” the house.
The manufacture of the objects can take place via the 2 × 2 grid present in the game inventory (which you can access by pressing the E key on the keyboard) or through a workbench , which offers a 3 × 3 grid and can be obtained assembling the wood extracted from the trees.
For more detailed instructions on how to create a workbench, pickaxe and other tools needed to create your home, take a look at my tutorial on how to play Minecraft .
Which materials to choose
Before building a house on Minecraft you must carefully choose the materials to be used. Each material, in fact, has very specific characteristics, a different type of resistance to external threats (to enemy attacks) and a different difficulty in finding it in the game environment.
- The wood is easy to find but it is not very resistant to enemy attacks as highly flammable. This can be achieved by cutting down trees with an ax or with the hands of your character. With “bare hands”, as can be easily guessed, the wood extraction procedure is much slower than when carried out with tools suitable for the purpose.
- The stone is a very reliable material. It is not as flammable as wood and also resists creeper explosions, however it requires a little more work to be found: it must be extracted from caves or taken from NPC villages.
- The bricks are resistant to explosions such as stone, are much more beautiful to look at but they require a lot ‘of work to be created. To make them, in fact, you need to melt clay and coal in an oven; oven that can be created by putting 8 stone blocks together (leaving an empty space in the center) or find “already done” in NPC villages.
- L ‘ sandstone is a material that can easily be found in desert areas. It does not require the workbench to be worked and can be obtained by putting together several blocks of sand (every four blocks of sand you get one of sandstone). It has almost no resistance to external attacks but becomes much stronger, like stone, if transformed into slabs (joining three blocks of sandstone).
- A house would not be such without doors or windows , right? So let’s see how to make these two very important components.
- The doors can be made of wood, using 6 boards of any type of wood, or iron, using 6 iron ingots. To obtain the wooden planks you need to join 4 blocks of any type of wood, while to obtain the iron ingots you can join 9 iron blocks or melt in the oven raw iron with coal, charcoal or wooden planks.
- The windows are made of glass, a material that can be obtained by melting sand with fuel (e.g. coal, charcoal or wooden planks).
If you want to deepen the topic related to the transformation of materials in Minecraft, take a “jump” on the Italian Wiki of the game where you can find detailed descriptions of each material and its main peculiarities.
In addition, I would like to point out that by typing the name of a material on the Minecraft Italia website you can discover all the features and transformations that can be carried out through crafting. These are two links that I advise you to always keep in bookmarks, they will often come in handy during your first games in Minecraft.
Building a house in Minecraft
At this point you should be ready to take action. So go to the place where you intend to build your house (I recommend one near the Spawn Point ), level the ground (if necessary), insert the building materials of the building in the first place of the inventory and … get to work !
For your first home – as time is running out and the enemies are surely around the corner – I advise you not to overdo the size . In my opinion, a 7 × 7 square or 12 × 8 rectangular building made up of 4 or 5 blocks in height may be fine.
Then draw the perimeter of the house using the wood (recommended for beginners), stone or any other material you have decided to use and proceed with the creation of the walls and floor .
When the operation is complete, add a roof to your building (using the material you prefer most) and create 3 or 4 windows to have the opportunity to watch what is happening outside (if it is day, night, if there are monsters around etc).
Finally, create a door (so you can quickly enter / leave the house if an enemy chases you) and add light sources such as torches, torches or lanterns around the house to have the possibility of locating it in the dark and keeping enemies away .
Do you want to take care of everything down to the smallest detail? Then also create a ladder to reach the roof (maybe a ladder) and get ready to face the night … this time you should be able to overcome it unscathed!
If some passage is not clear to you or, much more simply, you want different ideas on how to build a house on Minecraft , connected to YouTube where you can find many video tutorials dedicated to the topic . You will be spoiled for choice, believe me!