Best Pokémon GO: You are a big fan of Pokémon GO, the game from the Pokémon series for mobile devices developed by Niantic, and you are having a great time during your games. Now, however, you would like to learn more and receive advice on the most valid Pokémon present within this specific title. You then searched online and eventually came here on my site. This is how it is, isn’t it? Well, then I’d say you’ve come to the right place!
In fact, in today’s tutorial I will explain what i am best Pokémon from Pokémon GO going to analyze in detail different categories of “monsters”: from the Pokémon most suitable for gyms to those that are usually used in PvP, passing through the various types of Pokémon and their most powerful moves. Put simply, I will provide you with 360-degree advice, so that you can get to know Pokémon GO in all its facets.
What do you say? Are you ready to proceed and find out more? In my opinion, yes, since you are reading this guide with interest. Come on then, all you have to do is simply take a few minutes of free time and follow the quick directions below, taking note of the Pokémon that seem most suitable for your needs. Having said that, there is nothing else for me to do, except to wish you happy reading and enjoy!
Best Pokémon GO by type
The first subdivision that I want to do, to explain what i am best Pokémon from Pokémon GO, is the type type.
In fact, you need to know that this feature is very important in the Niantic title. The type of Pokémon is used to understand theeffectiveness of moves. The developers themselves official site, write: “Understanding the types of Pokémon and the types of attacks is critical to becoming an experienced Pokémon Trainer”. In short, I would say that it is better to start from here to analyze the most valid Pokémon.
Below is a list, divided by type, of the Pokémon that I think you should consider.
- Normal: Slaking, Snorlax, Porygon-X (best used in defense);
- Fight: Heracross, Machamp, Lucario (in attack);
- Steering wheel: Honchcrow, Dragonite, Rayquaza (up front);
- Poison: Nidoking, Gengar, Roserade (up front);
- Land: Garchomp, Rhyperior, Mamoswine (up front);
- Rock: Rampardos, Aggron, Tyranitar (attacking);
- Beetle: Armaldo, Pinsir, Yanmega (up front);
- Spectrum: Mismagius, Giratina, Gengar (in defense);
- Steel: Magnezone, Aggron, Metagross (up front);
- Fire: Entei, Moltres, Magmortar (up front);
- water: Milotic, Gyarados, Kyogre (up front);
- Grass: Leafeon, Roserade, Tangrowth (up front);
- Electro: Electivire, Zapdos, Magnezone (up front);
- Psycho: Mewtwo, Latios, Metagross (attacking);
- Ice: Walrein, Mamoswine, Glaceon (up front);
- Dragon: Garchomp, Rayquaza, Salamence (up front);
- Dark: Houndoom, Weavile, Tyranitar (attacking);
- Elf: Mr. Mime, Togekiss, Gardervoir (in defense).
These are the main Pokémon that, in my opinion, should be studied properly, choosing them based on the guy and theirs features. For my choices, I decided to give higher priority to the maximum value of PL (Fight Points): a combination of Attack, Defence is Resistance generally used to understand how strong a Pokémon is.
I want to clarify that the indication relating to attack / defense is actually a bit inaccurate, given that many Pokémon are used well in both contexts. However, it can be useful to understand, in general, the differences between the various types. Also, remember that some Pokémon have a double type: why I mentioned Tyranitar twice, for example.
Best Pokémon GO gyms
Another doubt that often haunts novice players with Pokémon GO is related to gyms.
In fact, the latter can be particularly difficult the first few times you face them. However, by bringing the right Pokémon with you, everything becomes simpler and, for this reason, it is important to know what are considered as i best Pokémon to use in gyms by the community.
Well, i 10 Pokémon considered stronger in general, which could be ideal for tackling gyms, are the following.
- Blissey (both defense and attack);
- Gyarados (in defense);
- Snorlax (both defense and attack);
- Chansey (in defense);
- Tyranitar (both defense and attack);
- Lanturn (in defense);
- Jigglypuff (in defense);
- Rhydon (in defense);
- Vaporeon (in attack);
- Dragonite (both defense and attack).
In short, there are Pokémon with particularly good statistics at the level defensive and others who need more for offensive stages. By choosing the ones that best suit your needs, you can make gym challenges easier.
Best Pokémon GO PvP
A very important mode of Pokémon GO is that PvP, in which players collide with each other by testing their respective skills.
The fights between coaches can take place in three leagues: Mega League (Pokémon max PL: 1500), Ultra League (PL max: 2500) e Master League (PL max: infinite). Many wonder, therefore, what are, for example, i best Pokémon from Pokémon GO for the Mega League or i best Pokémon from Pokémon GO for the Ultra League.
Well, here are some tips, which have been extrapolated by enthusiasts using the Poké Assistant tool. I start from Mega League (the first available). Recommendations refer to when to evolve a certain Pokémon to try to get them to better statistics possible to face the League.
- Dragonair: it is recommended that Dratini evolve to 821 PL to stay within the limit;
- Azumarill: it is advisable to evolve Azurill to 304 PL;
- Meganium: it is advisable to evolve Chikorita to 555 PL;
- Lanturn: it is advisable to evolve Chinchou to 781 PL;
- Charizard: it is advisable to evolve Charmender to 484 PL;
- Toxicroak: it is advisable to evolve Croagunk to 547 PL;
- Swampert: it is advisable to evolve Mudkip to 545 PL;
- Haunter: we recommend that you evolve Gastly to 914 PL;
- Altaria: it is recommended that Swablu evolve to 587 PL;
- Hydreigon: it is advisable to evolve Deino to 416 PL.
If, on the other hand, you are interested in Ultra League, here are which Pokémon you should consider. Here you can use slightly stronger Pokémon (you must have at least 3 Pokémon with PL greater than 1500 and one must not exceed 2500). From here on I based myself on PvPoke tool.
- Giratina (Original form);
- Giratina (Altered form);
- Mewtwo (Armored Form / Armored);
- Muk (Alola form);
Finally, as regards the Master League, you can point directly to the top of the top. Indeed, maximum PLs are unlimited.
- Giratina (Original form);
- Giratina (Altered form);
Best Pokémon GO moves
Clearly, not only is it enough to know the best Pokémon to be good Trainers, but you also need to know how to master them moves.
In fact, as much as it may seem like a “simple” game on the surface, Pokémon GO is actually a title complex and layeredif you want to compete at high levels. There are myriads of statistics and aspects to consider but, to start, it is good to dwell on Pokémon and their moves.
As for the latter, below I report what are considered the 10 moves stronger according to DPS (damage per second).
- Giga Impact (1915.1 DPS, Normal);
- Primopulsar (76.5 DPS, water);
- Telluric swords (76.5 DPS, Terra);
- Return (50 DPS, Normal);
- Hydro (47.4 DPS, Water);
- Brave Bird (45 DPS, Volante);
- hammered (44.7 DPS, water);
- Divination (44.4 DPS, Psycho);
- Stone Edge (43.5 DPS, Rock);
- Zuffa (43.5 DPS, Lotta).
If you want to know everything about this topic, I advise you to consult my guide to best moves in Pokémon GO, where you can find many indications that may interest you. Also, since you’re a fan of the Niantic title, I invite you to take a look at the page of my site dedicated to Pokémon GO.
Remember that in times of emergency, such as the beginning of 2020 for the pandemic of COVID-19, it is not allowed to play titles like Pokémon GO or, at least, it must not be done outside the home: there are also activities that can be done inside your home, as he explains Niantic on its official website (in English).