Best GIFs: Friends and family are always sending you some great fun Animated GIFs and would you like to “reciprocate” by sending content of this type to them in turn? So what are you waiting for? Succeeding is very simple! How do you say? Not so in your case, why aren’t you exactly an expert in new technologies? So don’t worry, I can give you a hand if you want!
In the next paragraphs of this tutorial, in fact, I will be able to show you how to identify the best GIFs to be shared via instant messaging app or on social networks. I already anticipate that to do this it is possible to use many free and easy-to-use apps, so you will not have any difficulty in completing your technological “enterprise” today … as long as you follow my “tips”: this seems obvious to me !
So, are you ready to get started? Yup? Fantastic! Make yourself comfortable, take all the time you need to concentrate on reading the next paragraphs and, more importantly, try to implement the “tips” that I will give you. There is nothing left for me to do but wish you good reading and, above all, have fun!
Best GIF apps
First, let’s see what the best GIF apps through which you can download fantastic animated GIFs to share on social networks and instant messaging apps.
GIPHY (Android / iOS / iPadOS)
I could not have started this examination differently, if not by talking to you about the app GIPHY which, in case you don’t know, is one of the most popular platforms among those that allow you to download animated GIFs. So let’s see how to best use it.
After installing and starting GIPHY on your device Android or iOS / iPadOSall you have to do to download a GIF is to search for it through the app’s internal search engine and then download it by clicking on the download button.
Press, therefore, on the search bar at the top and write the keywords relating to the type of image you intend to download. Otherwise, you can simply tap on the item See All located in correspondence with the wording Trending GIFs (always on the main screen of the app), so as to view all the trending GIFs.
At this point, locate the content you want to download and tap on it preview. Then press the icon with the three dots located on the right and, in the menu that opens, press the button Save GIF, so as to start downloading the GIF. Once the download is complete, you should find the GIF saved in your device’s camera roll.
GIF Keyboard by Tenor (Android / iOS / iPadOS)
Another app that I recommend you try to save GIFs is GIF Keyboard by Tenoralso available for free download for Android And iOS / iPadOS. It allows you to identify and send funny GIFs by acting directly from the keyboard of your device. Since it’s compatible with virtually all major instant messaging services (including Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp Messenger, and Telegram), I’d say see how it works right away.
After installing and starting GIF Keyboard by Tenor on your device, tap on the item Next (bottom right) and grant the app the permissions it needs to function properly. Now you have to select your first GIF to send: close the screen displayed on the screen by pressing on (x) located at the top right and, in the opened screen, choose one of the GIFs available in the section Trending GIFs (containing the trending GIFs), or perform a manual search using the search bar placed at the top.
After identifying the GIF you are interested in, tap on his previewpress the button Send and, in the opened menu, select the sharing option you prefer to use.
As I told you, the characteristics that distinguish this app concern the possibility of using it as a keyboard. Here’s how you can enable it on your device.
- On Android – go to Settings> Language & keyboard> Current keyboard> Select moremove up ON the switch located in correspondence with the wording Tenor GIF Keyboardpress the item again Current keyboard and put the check mark next to Tenor GIF Keyboard.
- On iOS / iPadOS – go to Settings> General> Keyboard> Keyboards> Add New Keyboard… and tap on the option GIF Keyboard in the opened box. Finally, tap on the option again GIF Keyboard and, in the screen that is shown to you, move to ON the switch located next to the wording Allow full access.
From now on, when you call up the Tenor keyboard, you can send GIFs to your chats quickly and easily.
Other GIF apps
Instead of downloading GIFs from the web, would you like to create new ones, perhaps using your own movies? Well then check out these others GIF app: they will certainly be useful to you.
- GIPHY CAM (Android/iOS / iPadOS) – app developed by GIPHY which was designed to allow users to create their own GIFs to share them with other users.
- Gif Me! (Android/iOS / iPadOS) – this semi-free solution allows you to create animated GIFs with the camera of your smartphone or tablet or convert locally saved movies into GIFs. To remove the advertising banners present in the free version, you need to purchase the Pro version, which costs € 1.59 on Android and € 2.29 on iOS / iPadOS.
- Motion Still (Android/iOS) – app developed by Google, which allows you to create GIFs starting from videos shot with your smartphone and / or those that are saved locally.
If you want more information about using the aforementioned solutions, reading my guide dedicated to apps to create GIFs will certainly be useful.
Best Instagram GIFs
You want to know how to locate best GIFs for Instagram? Before explaining how to proceed, it is my duty to inform you of one thing: at the time of writing, Instagram allows you to put GIFs only in the Stories and not in the posts (except by converting the GIFs into videos and then publishing them in the feed of the photographic social network) . That said, let’s proceed!
First, log into Instagram from its app for Android/iOSclick on the icon cottage placed at the bottom left and then tap on the symbol of camera placed at the top left. Then click on the icon of white circleto take a photo, hold it down to record a video or press the icon of photo located at the bottom left to create a Story using content already saved in the Gallery.
To customize the Story with a GIF, then, press the icon of thesmiling sticker and, in the screen that opens, presses the button GIF. You will then have access to the portal database GIPHY and, through it, you can choose which GIF to publish in your Story. Therefore, type the keyword of your interest in the text field Search on GIPHY (above), find the image you like best among those available and tap on its previewso as to insert it.
Now, keep your finger pressed on the GIF and drag it to where you want to place it. If you want, then resize it by making one zoom in or one zoom out with your fingers to zoom in or out and, when you are ready to do so, publish the content by tapping the button Your storylocated in the lower left corner.
If you want to have more information on how to put GIFs on Instagram and how to create GIFs for Instagram, reading the insights I have just linked to you will certainly be useful.
Best WhatsApp GIFs
You want to search for the best GIF WhatsApp, but you don’t know how to do it? It’s actually simple: just take advantage of the search function built into the well-known messaging app to do it. Here’s how to proceed in detail.
- On Android – access WhatsApp from his official appselect the tab Chatopen the conversation you are interested in and then tap on theemoji located on the typing bar at the bottom of the screen. Now, tap the button GIFpress the symbol of magnifying glass (bottom left) and type in the keyword with which to search for the GIF of your interest. Once you’ve found it, tap hers preview and then press on theairplane (bottom right) to send it.
- On iPhone – log in to WhatsApp on your own official apptap the button Chat (bottom right), open the conversation you are interested in and then tap on theadhesive located on the typing bar at the bottom of the screen. Now, press the button GIFtap on the symbol of magnifying glass located at the bottom left and type the keyword with which to find a GIF of your liking. After you find it, tap his preview and then press on theairplane located at the bottom right to forward it to the selected chat.
If you want more information on how to send GIFs on WhatsApp, do not hesitate to read the insights in which I explain how to make GIFs on WhatsApp and how to send GIFs on WhatsApp.